Mindfulness at Work
For Patricia mindfulness is much more than a recent trend.
With over 10 000 hours experience training people leaders in organizations, and advanced training in Mindfulness, Patricia works with individuals and organizations to make mindfulness at work accessible, practical, and impactful.
Organizations interested in employee health and performance, will benefit from the increased clarity, creativity, calm, compassion, and cognitive capacity that can develop with mindfulness training.
Cultivating a mindfulness practice can optimize personal and organizational health and performance by helping individuals:
- Focus the distracted and discursive mind
- Improve cognitive capacity, creativity, and resilience
- Generate space to respond rather than react to stressors
- Increase overall health, energy, and well-being
Customized, practical and participatory keynote workshops will explore the best practices, skills and tools necessary to create and support a mindfulness practice within the contemporary organizational context.
- Mindfulness: What is it? Why do it?
- Neuroscience of Mindfulness: Health & Science Research
- Benefits & Applications in the Organizational Context
- Guided Practice and Experiential Exercises, Tools, Techniques
- Participants will learn practical strategies and mindfulness techniques that they can easily incorporate into their professional and personal lives.
- Participants will take away at least one thing they can practice daily to improve their lives.
Qualified and Experienced Facilitation
Complimenting her professional work and training as Leadership Educator, Patricia is also an experienced and qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Instructor, (Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society, UMass Medical School) with over 16 years of dedicated mindfulness training and practice.
With a committed daily practice; personal experience sitting over 30 long, silent meditation retreats; and a successful history teaching mindfulness programs and retreats, Patricia brings insight and compassion from her own deep and direct emersion in mindfulness practice.
- To date, Patricia has successfully led 11 iterations of the full 8-week MBSR program
- Advanced Training for MBSR Teachers, The University of San Diego School of Medicine, Centre for Mindfulness (2013);
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Training with MBSR founder Jon Kabat-Zinn (2012-2016);
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor (2004);
- Art of Hosting Meaningful Conversations, Berkana Institute(2004);
- 18-Month Mindfulness and Yoga Teacher Training, Spirit Rock Meditation Center (2007-2009)
Upcoming Mindfulness Courses
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8-week Program
Monday evenings: 5:00-7:30pm March 27-May 8, 2017
Full Day retreat: Saturday May 6th, 2017
Location: Royal Roads University
For more information and to register, please follow this link to contact Royal Roads University
Other upcoming Mindfulness Courses with Patricia 2016-2017:
Please contact Patricia directly to customize a program to bring mindfulness into your organizational culture.